Almost all fitness watches (cheap or expensive) are water-resistant. However, some among them are better than others. Here, choose your best waterproof smartwatch for 2022 from the list below. They are the best ones to buy in India as per the recommendations backed by swimmers, athletes, and online reviewers.
What we did before selecting these top waterproof smartwatches:
User experiences: We met 72 actively working athletes and swimmers to recommend the best smartwatches based on the ones they are currently using and those they came across. We noted 33 different smartwatches that are solid water-resistant, as they suggested.
Features: What should have in a smartwatch? Someone wears it for good health, to improve sports performance, or for accurate data helpful to the user. When we asked, most users and experts mentioned these features in common – waterproof, heart rate monitor, activity tracker, sleep monitor, calories burned, GPS, reminders, touch screen and some smartphone functions. Considering most of them, our number reduced to 25.
Waterproof testing: We dipped the 25 smartwatches into different water depths. We kept them underwater for a few minutes, one hour, a few hours and up to 24 hours. Then, we selected 19 out of them which are most water-resistant.
Results: At this stage, we filtered again on general views – pricing, brand popularity, durability, design, skin-friendliness, and accuracy. Finally, we have the following 9 watches at the top among the others you can buy in India.
Out of them, Apple Watch Series 7 is the best smartwatch we recommend for you. However, everyone’s aspirations and goals are different. Above all, the budget suitable for your pocket is also a factor in deciding on such a fitness watch. Thus, view all those listed below one by one to help you select the best one for you. For more details, click on the link provided.
9 Best Waterproof Smartwatches for 2022
1. Apple Watch Series 7
- Always-on Retina display with 20% more screen area than Series 6
- The most crack-resistant front crystal
- IP6X dust resistance and swim-proof design
- Blood oxygen level tracking
- ECG anytime, anywhere
- Heart rate monitor
- Tai chi and pilates workouts along with like running, yoga, swimming and dance
- Music and podcasts
- All-day battery life.
The Apple Watch 7 is a big deal. The larger screen isn’t just an improvement in appearance; and it’s also more convenient for reading. It is an excellent choice for your everyday use.
You can wear it in water. In fact, the watch is water-resistant up to a certain depth, and it won’t get damaged. It’s durable enough to withstand most non-dry activities. The new model will be available in two colour schemes: gold and space grey.
The Apple Watch Series 7 offers many of the same health monitoring features as its predecessors. The watch uses a second-generation optical heart rate sensor to calculate calorie burn and an electrical heart rate sensor. It also features an infrared light for blood oxygen monitoring and a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope for fall detection.
2. Garmin vivoactive 4 GPS Smartwatch
- Music for phone-free listening
- 20+ preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps
- Battery life up to 8 days in smartwatch mode, up to 6 hours in GPS & music mode
- Lithium-Ion battery
- 5 ATM (50m) water resistance.
The Garmin vivoactive 4 is a fitness tracker that measures heart rate at the wrist. It includes a menstrual calendar. So, women will appreciate the feature. The device also measures water content and uses a barometer to measure the temperature. It also comes with GPS functionality to help you find your way to your next workout.
Unlike other fitness trackers, the Vivoactive 4 offers a few other features that make it an excellent choice for outdoor exercise. It also has a comfortable silicone strap, a polymer rear cover, and a stainless steel bezel. It is waterproof for up to 5 ATM.
3. Garmin Venu 2
- Bright AMOLED display
- Health snapshot, Body Battery energy levels, sleep score, fitness age, stress tracking and more
- 25+ built-in indoor and GPS sports apps
- Preloaded workouts that include cardio, yoga, strength, HIIT and Pilates
- Songs in your watch and playlists from Spotify, Amazon Music or Deezer.
The Venu 2 is a sleek GPS smartwatch that features a fitness and advanced health monitoring. It feels good when you move and has more than 25 built-in sports apps. The watch has a heart rate monitor that helps you stay on track.
The Venu 2 is designed for everyday casual athletes. It features a high-intensity training timer that lets you know how many rounds you’ve completed or how much you’ve improved. This feature is helpful if trying to stay on track with a specific exercise routine. The smartwatch shows you which muscle groups you’ve worked out with animated graphics.
4. Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
- Compatible with Android phones
- Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis Sensor and Optical Heart Rate Sensor.
- Advanced Sleep Analysis and Women’s Health
- 90+ workouts
- Wear OS powered by Samsung.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 has been certified as IP68 by the International Electrotechnical Commission. This indicates that it is resistant to water and other common raw materials. An IP rating is based on the letters IP and two numbers. These are the highest levels of protection for a watch and indicate that it will withstand prolonged exposure to extreme conditions. The Samsung Galaxy Series 4 is waterproof up to 50 meters.
It has a new processor and more RAM than its predecessor. The smartwatch also has a new software experience developed by Google and is compatible with more apps. This watch has a MIL-STD-810G rating, which can handle heavy drops.
5. Fitbit Versa 3
- Real-time pace and distance with built-in GPS
- Workout intensity map in the Fitbit app
- Active Zone Minutes
- Heart rate 24×7 with PurePulse 2.0
- Nightly blood oxygen levels with SpO2 clock faces
- Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa Built-in for quick news, set bedtime reminders and alarms, control your smart home devices and more
- Built-in mic and speaker for Bluetooth calls hands-free
- Music and podcasts on Deezer or Pandora, plus control Spotify.
The Fitbit Versa 3 is a smartwatch that measures your pace, distance, and calories burned. It also features built-in GPS and supports call, text, and app notifications. This smartwatch is compatible with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. It can even control your music through the built-in Spotify player.
The watch also features a heart rate zone monitor that gives you notifications of your heart rate during workouts. It will buzz you if you enter or leave different heart rate zones. This helps you know when to push harder or ease up. The Versa 3 also tracks your sleep quality and tracks your ovulation. This will give you an idea of how well you’re doing on your fitness plan. The Fitbit Versa 3 is water-resistant up to 164 feet.
6. Amazfit GTS 3
- Experience Optimized Operation with Zepp OS
- Alexa and Offline Assistant for alarm, question, translation and more
- A Fitness Partner with 150+ Sports Modes
- Heart rate, calories burned, and maximum oxygen uptake (VO2 Max)
- Four Health Metrics in One Tap – heart rate, blood-oxygen saturation, stress level and breathing rate
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BDS and QZSS satellite navigation systems
- 5 ATM Waterproof
- Nap tracking.
The Amazfit GTS 3 has an ultra-slim body of only 8.8 mm and is made from lightweight aircraft-grade aluminium alloy. It weighs just 24.4 grams, making it ideal for everyday wear. The watch features a bezel-less screen and a rotatable crown. Compared to its predecessor, the Amazfit GTS 3 is exceptionally comfortable.
The water-resistant case is made of aluminium alloy and is available in black, white and terra rosa. The watch is very responsive to touch and swipe and is not susceptible to glare. The water-resistant screen also works well in always-on mode. You can set it to turn on automatically if you want. You can choose to wake up the watch when you get out of the shower.
7. Fitbit Sense
- Lessen the stress
- For the muscle that moves you
- A new way to see wellness
- Six months of health insights.
With the new Fitbit Sense, you can tune into your body and take steps to improve your health. The smartwatch tracks heart health and can help you monitor atrial fibrillation. It can also monitor your skin temperature, stress levels and sleep patterns. With this in-depth information, you can easily set up a healthy lifestyle plan and improve your overall health.
Fitbit Sense’s display is not as high-resolution as the Apple Watch 6 but bright and colourful. The display is easy to read, even outdoors, and there are three brightness settings. You can also change the timeout of the display to save battery life. You can turn the display on all the time, but that will reduce battery life.
You can use the voice command to make calls. The Sense is equipped with an app that helps you monitor stress and manage anxiety. The app detects changes in sweat and other physiological signs of stress and generates a Stress Score.
8. Huawei Watch FIT
- 1.64 inch Vivid AMOLED Display
- 10 Days Battery Life with Quick Charge Technology
- 96 Workout Modes
- Real-time Metrics and Professional guidance.
The HUAWEI WATCH FIT features a high-definition 1.64-inch AMOLED display. Its 280 x 456 HD resolution delivers an ultra-clear viewing experience. The unique design is also attractive and easy to use. It has a stainless steel band with a metal clasp that looks great on a wrist.
The watch comes with a built-in GPS and 5-ATM water resistance rating. It is affordable and attractive. Huawei Watch FIT features heart rate, blood pressure, and oxygen saturation.
9. iTouch Air 3
- Hydration reminder, breathing exercises, hygiene assistant, and elevated heart rate reminder
- A calorie counter and a pedometer with 4 sports modes and 5 workout modes
- Heart rate, blood oxygen level, & sleep with the one-touch sensor.
- Incoming phone messages, calls, and more with Bluetooth and GPS connectivity
- Glass screen resistant to water, scratches, and dust.
The iTouch Air 3 is a perfect companion for the busy on-the-go lifestyle. Designed to monitor the heart rate 24 hours a day, it reminds you to drink water and suggests breathing exercises when appropriate. Its built-in alarm will help you avoid overheating and can even tell you how much water you’ve lost. In addition, the device is waterproof, so that you can use it in water-saturated environments.
The iTouch Air 3 is made of metal. Its brushed finish and curved edges make it durable and attractive. This watch will also display notifications on your smartphone, so you can stay informed of what’s important to you. You can use this device to keep track sleep cycle, your diet, and your fitness goals.