Some smartwatches always show the screen features along without physically turning on the display, or it has an option to do so. When you look for such a watch with a fitness tracker, you may confuse which smartwatches have the always-on display and which one is the best among them. Here, we have selected the best always-on display smartwatches available in India for 2022.
What is the always-on display in a smartwatch?
Some sorts of smartwatches show nothing or blank if you don’t touch the screen or engage on it. But these wearables show the time or something you want without touching or engaging on it every time. That is what an always-on display does. It is always on like a traditional mechanical watch face until the battery is empty.
Choose your best smartwatch from the list below based on your budget and the brand you love to buy. The key features of each smartwatch are given. For more details and their latest price at Amazon, click on the link provided.
Best Smartwatches with Always On Display for 2022
1. Huawei GT 2 Sport Bluetooth Watch
- 1.39-inch AMOLED colour screen
- Always-on mode
- Super long, excellent battery life, up to 2 weeks on a single charge
- Bluetooth 5.1
- Compatible with Android 4.4 or later and iOS 9.0 or later
- Continuous heart rate monitoring, resting heart rate, single heart rate
- Firstbeat professional running guidance
- GPS and GLONASS satellite positioning.
Huawei GT 2 Sport is an impressive smartwatch. Its dual-chip design and intelligent power-saving technology push the boundaries of smartwatch battery life. It is a favourite choice for people who travel frequently or like to be active throughout the day. The device can track steps, sleep quality, and heart rate and is excellent for outdoor activities.
The Huawei watch is straightforward to use, even for non-techies. Its simple touchscreen controls let you easily navigate the interface. The watch also displays its current time, date, and phone search in a tile-based menu system. You can view all your notification alerts by selecting them from the watch’s four tabs. There are many smart features to choose from, including pulse and stress tracking and music control.
The Huawei watch comes with two buttons to complement the touch screen. Pressing the top button brings up the home screen. In addition to using the watch as a music player, it can also control your phone’s volume.
2. Apple Watch Series 6
- Apple watch with always on display feature
- GPS model to take calls and reply to texts from your wrist
- Measure your blood oxygen with an all-new sensor and app
- Heart rhythm with the ECG app
- 2.5x Always-On Retina brighter display when your wrist is down
- S6 SiP is up to 20% faster than Series 5
- 5GHz Wi-Fi and U1 Ultra Wideband chip
- Daily activities and trends in the Fitness app on iPhone.
Apple’s wristwatch is available in various colours, including black, red, blue, titanium, and stainless steel. The Apple Watch Series 6 accompanies a new Hermes band designed by a luxury fashion designer. First introduced in the previous Series 5, the always-on display makes it even more convenient to monitor your health and fitness. You can also find a calendar and a weather forecast right on the watch’s Retina display.
The fitness watch comes with an integrated blood oxygen sensor. It works similar to an ECG sensor by measuring light reflected off the wrist. You can also get a leather link strap or a flexible moulded magnet strap.
The Apple Watch has a built-in altimeter for easy monitoring, and the ECG app generates an electrocardiogram. It partners with various health networks and research universities to develop new smart features. The watch can even monitor your heart rate, crucial for keeping yourself healthy. The Apple Watch has a cellular connection and is compatible with iPhones.
3. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2
- Samsung Galaxy watch with always-on display feature
- Super AMOLED display with customisable watch faces
- 24/7 activity Tracking – 4 stage sleep, continuous HRM and stress monitoring among safety features
- 39 built-in activity trackers
- 50m water resistance
- Bluetooth 5.0, Compatible with Android 5.0 or higher and iOS 9.0 or above
- Display size 3.45cm (1.4″), resolution 360 x 360.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 has a slim and sleek design that is available in various colours. The watch is also waterproof to 50 metres and runs on the Samsung Tizen operating system. You can charge your watch wirelessly using your Samsung smartphone and compatible wireless chargers. The Samsung Active 2 has a very accurate heart rate sensor in our testing.
The battery life of the Active 2 is impressive. With an additional feature like GPS with an always-on display, the battery life is enough for a single or two-day run or walk. The Galaxy Watch also supports contactless mobile payments, although it is not as reliable as Apple Pay.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 also offers the same fitness tracking features as previous models. It tracks over 39 workouts and shows the information in the Samsung Health app. The watch’s running coach has been updated with seven different running programs.
4. Fossil Gen 5
- Fossil watch with always on display mode
- wearOS operating system by Google work
- Compatibility Android OS 6.0+, iOS 10.0+
- Smart battery modes, magnetic USB rapid charger
- Heart Rate monitoring and activity tracking using Google Fit
- Built-in GPS for distance tracking
- Swimproof design 3ATM
- Google Pay
- A speaker for Audible alerts and taking phone calls, Google assistant responses and more
- Smartphone notifications and alerts
- Third-party apps with 8Gb of storage and 1GB RAN memory capacity
- Case size 44mm, band size: 22mm, screen size: 1. 28 inch
- Two years warranty.
The Fossil Gen 5 is a smartwatch with a rotating crown. The first two buttons rotate to scroll through the apps menu, and the third button is dedicated to the watch’s customisation app. The buttons are easily accessible and smooth to use, making it easy to set up the watch and connect it to your phone. The display is crisp, and the battery life is good.
The Gen 5 has several smartwatch features, including a heart rate sensor that tracks your activity level. It can also plan your day and keep track of breaking news. The watch can also record your altitude profile without your smartphone. It is water-resistant up to three ATM. You can set up an event reminder and timer to remind you about your workouts.
It’s a good choice for fitness buffs. If you’re looking for a fashionable watch, the Fossil Gen 5 might be just what you’re looking for.
5. Mi Watch Revolve Active
- •SpO2 for your Blood Oxygen Saturation levels from leading biometric algorithm – LifeQ
- 1.39” Always-on AMOLED Display with 450 nits of brightness and DLC coating for scratch resistance
- 117 sports modes with automatic workout detection
- Highly accurate 12 nm built-in GPS tracking
- Heart Rate, Sleep, Stress, Energy Levels, VO2 Max, Breathing training
- Two weeks of battery with regular usage.
The Mi Watch Revolve Active features a circular display with an AMOLED screen. Pair with the phone app to customise its appearance. Use it to receive calls and app notifications. The watch’s compass allows you to navigate directions. Use it to control your music and workouts.
The Revolve Active has a simple watch UI. The UI is simple and intuitive. You can also use Alexa by long pressing the top right button. Ask Alexa questions and control your home appliances.
The Mi Watch Revolve Active’s case is made of glass fibre reinforced polyamide with a metallic design. The case has a polycarbonate back and is scratch-resistant. The touchscreen is responsive and provides clear text. The Mi Wear app allows you to change the watch face with the click of a button.
6. OnePlus Watch
- Stylish design and comfortable watch band
- 46mm hand-polished round watch case with 2.5D curved glass
- Bluetooth 5.0, hand-free calls, message notification, music control, find your phone, remote camera
- 1.39-inch AMOLED display, 454×454, Always-on mode
- Decent battery life with Warp Charge
- 316L stainless steel
- Smartphone-free music, 4GB standalone storage
- 110+ workout types
- 5ATM + IP 68 water and dust resistance
- Automatic workout detections for jogging, running and swimming posture recognition
- Blood Oxygen monitor, step and heart rate tracker, sleep and stress monitor, sedentary reminder and more
- Seamlessly connected with OnePlus TV
- Up to 14 days of battery life for typical use.
The OnePlus Watch is a smartwatch that lets you monitor your health and sleep metrics. With the OnePlus Health app, you can record your workouts and view your results afterwards.
The OnePlus Watch has a touchscreen display, which makes navigation easy. The two buttons on the right side serve as the navigation keys. Pressing the top button will take you to the app launcher, and a long press on the bottom button will launch a specific app. The screen handles other functions, and there are several pre-set widgets to customise the watch.
7. Fitbit Versa 3 Health & Fitness Smartwatch
- Run, bike, hike and more phone-free
- Always-on mode
- Real-time pace and distance, built-in GPS, workout intensity map
- Active Zone Minutes – Maximum operating altitude: 28,000 ft
- Heart rate 24×7 tracking with PurePulse 2.0 – Operating temperature: -4° to 140° F
- Nightly blood oxygen levels with SpO2 clock faces
- Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa built-in
- Built-in mic & speaker for Bluetooth calls hands-free
- Music and podcasts on Deezer or Pandora, and Spotify.
Fitbit Versa 3 offers enough features and health metrics to be a solid training aid. Built-in GPS and sleep tracking capabilities also provide a cheaper alternative to the pricier Fitbit Sense. You can also configure the device to download additional apps for additional features.
The Fitbit Versa 3 watch uses a heart rate-based exercise app that uses the watch’s GPS to detect your heartbeat during workouts. It’ll buzz you when you enter different zones, so you can know when to push harder or ease off. The Versa 3’s Active Zone Minutes metric uses heart rate data to show how active you are during your exercises. As such, you can customise your training by choosing the proper settings for your desired intensity and workout goals.
The Fitbit Versa 3 provides daily activity tracking, such as distance travelled, calories burned, and floors climbed. It also offers heart rate zone notifications, which use your heart rate to determine your level of effort.
8. Amazfit GTS 2 Smart Watch
- GPS + GLONASS dual-satellite for increased speed and accuracy
- Huami-developed BioTracker 2 for 24-hour heart rate monitoring, blood oxygen level measurement, sleep quality monitoring and stress level monitoring
- PAI health assessment system to convert all of your complex health and activity data into one single score
- Massive 3GB of local music storage
- •3D curved design and HD AMOLED screen with a crystal-clear 341ppi pixel density and the bezel-less design
- Always-on mode
- 246mAh battery capacity, seven days battery life.
The Amazfit GTS 2 Smart Watch has a high-resolution AMOLED display of 341 PPI. This means that the display is sharp and try-to-life. Thanks to the high pixel density, the colours are vibrant, and the text is easy to read. A heart rate monitor is also an additional option. The GPS feature keeps you on track, too, so you can stay on top of your activity.
It offers 12 different sports modes. You can use the sports modes for outdoor/indoor running, cycling, elliptical trainer, swimming, trail, mountain, and skiing. This device also has a sleep monitor. Amazfit GTS 2 is waterproof and can withstand water up to 100 meters.
The smartwatch has a sensor that measures SpO2, or your blood oxygen levels, during intense exercise. This feature helps you better understand your physical condition. The Amazfit GTS 2 is a great looking smartwatch with plenty of fitness features.
9. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
- Compatible with (Android phone and iPhone) Android 5.0 (L OS) or higher and iOS 9.0 or above
- Advanced health monitoring – enhanced running analysis, advanced sleep tracking, Blood Oxygen tracking
- 1.4-inch AMOLED screen, Always-on mode
- 120+ Home Workout Programs
- Precision rotating bezel for app navigation
- Leather strap
- Circular design Super Amoled (360X360), full colour, always-on display
- Enhanced Accelerometer sensor for fall detection.
While you’re on the go, the Galaxy Watch 3 is a smart device you’ll want to wear. It’s an excellent choice with a range of health and fitness features. Besides being comfortable to wear, the watch also has built-in running coaching, so you can get help if you’re stumbling. It offers an automatic sleep tracker, which helps you get more rest and reduce stress.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 runs One UI Watch Edition (v2.0), based on Tizen and is extremely easy to use. Unlike previous versions, the interface is intuitive and straightforward to navigate. You can wake Bixby by long-pressing the second button, and you can see your recent apps when you double-press the second button.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 looks sporty and chronograph-like. The watch is about 53 grams thick and 11mm thick. The 1.4-inch Super AMOLED screen has a 360 x 360-pixel resolution. While it has a bright and sharp display, it’s not enough to make you feel drowsy.
10. Fitbit Sense Advanced
- EDA Scan app to detect electrodermal activity, which may indicate your body’s response to stress
- Always-on mode
- Heart assessment for atrial fibrillation –a heart rhythm irregularity
- An on-wrist skin temperature sensor
- Nightly blood oxygen levels
- High and low heart rate notifications
- Six days battery life with fast charging
- Built-in GPS during runs, hikes, rides and more to see pace and distance without your phone
- Built-in mic & speaker for Bluetooth calls hands-free
- Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa.
The Fitbit Sense Advanced is a health-tuning smartwatch that helps you tune into your body’s signals and guide you toward better health. Among other features, it tracks your heart rate to detect atrial fibrillation. It tracks your stress levels and skin temperature, which helps you determine how to improve your sleep quality and reduce your stress. With these features and more, the Fitbit Sense is sure to make your life easier.
The Fitbit Sense offers a host of advanced features. It helps to tune into your body and guide you to better health. With the ECG app, it can assess your heart’s health, track your sleep quality, and monitor your stress levels. Other features include the ability to measure your skin’s temperature and SpO2 levels. It comes with a six-month free trial of Fitbit Premium, which will give you access to additional health features.
Is it safe to use always-on display smartwatches?
Yes. It is absolutely safe. The feature will always be beneficial for smartwatch users while using them on the go.
Does always on display smartwatches kill battery life?
The always-on display drains the battery. But, you can customise the settings to switch it on and off as you want.