Are you looking for a smartwatch that can seamlessly integrate with your iPhone? In this article, we’ll discuss the best smartwatches for iPhone users in 2023 based on our research and insights from many users and reviewers.
Most smartwatches today are compatible with Android phones and iPhones. However, there are few to pick if we are looking for the best ones. Apple watches are the best smartwatches for iPhone users since they are from the same brand and operating system, the iOS of your iPhone. If you are looking for other smartwatches having your favourite design, features and price, you should buy iOS-compatible ones. But you need to choose those watches that support most functionalities and features.
The recommended smartwatches on the list are our top picks of the year selected based on our own research, top online reviewers, and several Amazon reviews. The Apple and non-Apple watches in this list are the best in compatibility, usability, features and functionalities.
Best Smartwatches for iPhone Users for 2023
1. Apple Watch Ultra
The Apple Watch Ultra features all the activity, connectivity, and health features that an Apple Watch has. It has features such as ECG and Blood Oxygen apps, heart rate monitoring, activity rings, and mindfulness with some extra safety, health, and navigation features. Its multi-sport mode automatically can switch between different workout types, running metrics like ground contact time, power and vertical oscillation, heart-rate zones, and enhanced custom workouts.
The watch is cast from aerospace-grade titanium, striking a perfect balance of durability, weight, and corrosion resistance. It has raised edges that cover all edges of the flat sapphire front crystal, which further protects the Retina display (the display is 2000 nits and twice as bright as any Apple Watch display).
- Sleek and modern design, making it a perfect addition to any outfit.
- Dual-frequency GPS for more accurate tracking of your location and distance traveled.
- Action button to quickly start running or swimming without navigating through menus.
- Always-on display to check the time or notifications quickly.
- Water resistance rating of 100 meters under ISO standard 22810.
- Not compatible with Android devices.
2. Apple Watch Series 8
The Apple Watch Series 8 is the brand’s most popular watch affordable than the Ultra. It has a temperature sensor, car crash detection, and low-power mode, making it an even more powerful fitness tracker. It also features health sensors such as blood oxygen, an electrical heart (ECG), and a second-gen optical heart.
The watch has high and low heart rate notifications, irregular heart rhythm notifications, and fall detection. It is water-resistant up to 50m and has an IP6X dust-resistant rating. You’ll also find onboard maps and navigation, offline music playback, Siri voice assistance, Apple Pay, and customizable first-party watch faces.
- Temperature sensor, car crash detection, and low-power mode.
- Overnight temperature sensing and improved battery life.
- New ovulation tracking functionality for family planning and more accurate period predictions.
- Not compatible with Android phones.
- Costs more than much of the competition.
3. Garmin Venu 2
The Garmin Venu 2 comes with a 1.3 inches AMOLED display that is very colourful and easy to read outdoors. Navigation is via two physical buttons and a touchscreen. It features many preset sports modes to choose from, and clock features include time/date, GPS time sync, auto daylight saving, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
It also has all-day advanced health monitoring that precisely reads your physical condition to track your fitness progress and health. The watch also has onboard music storage and Bluetooth headphone support. It’s compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- Vivid AMOLED touchscreen display
- Lots of preset sports modes
- All-day advanced health monitoring
- Onboard music storage and Bluetooth headphone support
- Suitable for both workouts and general wear.
- Limited choice of third-party apps
- No onboard maps
- No altimeter
- Companion apps, Connect and Connect IQ need improvement.
4. Garmin Fenix 7
The Fenix 7 has a 1.3 inches transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) display which is bright and easy to read outdoors. It has a revamped interface with the Garmin Connect app now onboard the watch.
The watch also has preloaded maps and a new HIIT workout mode. You can download watch faces, widgets, data fields and apps from the Garmin Connect IQ Store. You can view a clock feature which includes time/date, GPS time sync, auto daylight saving, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Advanced workout tracking and training tools
- Excellent battery life
- New features, more accessible and accurate
- Great for outdoors.
- Very high pricing
- Uncomfortable to sleep with
- Limited flashlight feature.
5. Fitbit Sense
Fitbit Sense is a great smartwatch you can buy. It helps you control your health by understanding your stress and your heart to your sleep, temperature and more. The display is a 1.58 inches AMOLED full-colour touchscreen with a haptic button for easy navigation.
The watch comes with a case made of aluminium. The straps are made of silicone and can be changed. You can customize the watch face and choose from many watch faces on Fitbit App. It features both a timer and a stopwatch. You can store over 300 of your favourite tracks. The Sense offers a maximum battery life of six days.
- Superb design
- Bright and clear AMOLED display
- Lightweight and comfortable for 24/7 wear
- Extensive health tracking capability
- Smart alarm
- Several health scores for understanding progress.
- The daily stats dashboard takes a long time to load
- GPS sync is slow
- The screen easily cracks.
6. Fitbit Versa 4
The Fitbit Versa 4 is another great smartwatch for your iPhone. It features a 1.58 inches AMOLED full-colour display and 40 preloaded sports modes. The watch has a battery life of up to 6 days or more. It also has a customizable watch face and interchangeable straps.
This watch also features Daily Readiness Score, Active Zone Minutes, and built-in GPS. It has a built-in speaker and microphone. The Versa 4 can automatically track workouts and monitor sleep.
- Long battery life
- Daily Readiness Score, Active Zone Minutes, and built-in GPS help you get better results from your workout routine
- Automatically track workouts and monitor sleep
- Issues with tracking accuracy.
- Inaccurate heart rate readings
- Doesn’t properly count Active Zone Minutes
- Limited “smart” features
7. Amazfit GTS 4
The smartwatch has a 1.75-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 390×450 pixels. It features Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, Bluetooth Calling, and a heart rate monitor. This popular smartwatch is also water-resistant and dust-proof. It has an aluminium body with a dedicated rotatable button on the side.
- Bright AMOLED display
- Rotatable crown key
- Over 100 workout modes
- Dual-band GPS for outdoor running
- Over 150 watch faces, including animated and interactive ones.
- Lacks some of the sought-after features
- Missing NFC
8. Fossil Gen 6
Fossil Gen 6 has a 1.28 inches Always-on AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla glass covering the screen. Navigation is via a touchscreen and 3 physical buttons. The case is made of stainless steel, the same as the bezel. It has a battery life of 24hrs+ one day extension mode.
This iPhone-compatible watch also has wellness features like SpO2 and heart rate monitoring. It also has Google Assistant and smartphone notifications.
- Full-color AOD screen
- New health sensors
- Sleep tracking works perfectly
- Super-fast charging
- Blood oxygen level tracking.
- Short battery life
- GPS inaccurate
- Not for swim workouts
- Limited fitness apps.
9. Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
Galaxy Watch 5 has a lot of features that make it a top pick among smartwatches. It runs on Wear OS with Samsung One UI, making it unique and far better than other Wear OS wearables. This great smartwatch has sports tracking, smart notifications, a premium design, a sharp high-end screen display and more.
This high-end watch has an exceptionally bright and beautiful AMOLED display with an always-on option. The screen measures 1.2 inches across and sports a 396-by-396-pixel resolution. You will find a new skin-temperature reader, scratch-resistant display and longer-lasting battery life.
- Bright, durable display
- Titanium case
- Good app selection
- Excellent outdoor running insights
- Blood pressure and ECG sensors require Samsung phones to use
- A bit expensive
- Battery life could be better.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best smartwatch for iPhone users?
Based on our research, the Apple Watch Series 8 is the best smartwatch for iPhone users. However, other affordable options are also available, such as Samsung Galaxy Watch 5, Fitbit Versa 4, and Fossil Gen 6. It ultimately depends on your needs and preferences.
Is Apple Watch the best for iPhone?
Apple Watch is the best smartwatch for iPhone since both are from the same brand. However, there are plenty of Apple Watch alternatives compatible with your iPhone. You can look for the best smartwatch from other top brands if you consider price, special design and features.
Can I use Samsung watch in iPhone?
Yes, you can use a Samsung Watch with your iPhone. You can buy Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 or 5 Pro. You must download the Samsung Galaxy Watch app from the App Store and follow the instructions to pair it with your iPhone.
Is Amazfit compatible with iPhone?
Yes, Amazfit smartwatches work with iPhones. The only thing that we need to check is if it is iOS-compatible. Amazfit smartwatches integrate with the iPhones using the Zepp app. You can buy Amazfit GTS 4. It is compatible with iPhones.
Do you know any other best smartwatch compatible with iPhone? Let us know in the comment section below.