If you are looking for a tablet that can connect to the internet without a physical SIM card, check out these best eSIM tablets in India. Jio, Airtel, and VI allow eSIM activation on a few supported devices. A list of compatible tablets is given below.
An eSIM tablet has a built-in SIM chip that can be activated by your mobile operator. This way, you can switch between different plans and mobile network providers. eSIM tablets are convenient, flexible, and secure. They can also save you money by allowing you to choose the best plan for your needs and avoid roaming charges when travelling abroad.
For the activation process of eSIM network providers in India, click on the links given below:
Click here for Jio eSIM activation.
Click here for Airtel eSIM activation.
Click here for VI eSIM activation.
However, we are not sure that Airtel and VI can be used to process for eSIM activation on tablets. If you want to know about it, click on the given links above and contact the customer care support to learn more.
Jio provides details for eSIM activation and compatible tablets on their website. But not all tablets or devices support eSIM. Given tablets on the list are the compatible ones available on Amazon. They are also the best eSIM tablets you can buy in India.
Best eSIM Tablets in India for 2024
Apple iPad (9th Generation)
₹30,900 | Buy from Amazon
- 25.91 cm (10.2-inch) Retina display with True Tone
- A13 Bionic chip with Neural Engine
- 8MP back camera, 12MP front camera with Centre Stage
- Up to 256GB storage
- Stereo speakers
- Wi-Fi and 4G LTE advanced.
Apple iPad Air (5th Generation)
₹57,999 | Buy from Amazon
- 27.69 cm (10.9-inch) Liquid Retina display with True Tone, P3 wide colour and an anti-reflective coating
- Apple M1 chip with Neural Engine
- 12MP camera and 12MP front camera with Center Stage
- Up to 256GB of storage
- Stereo landscape speakers
- Touch ID for secure authentication
- All-day battery life
- Works with Magic Keyboard, Smart Keyboard Folio and Apple Pencil (2nd generation).
Apple iPad Mini (6th Generation)
₹62,947 | Buy from Amazon
- 21.08 cm (8.3-inch) Liquid Retina display with True Tone and wide colour
- A15 Bionic chip with Neural Engine
- Touch ID for secure authentication
- 12MP back camera, 12MP front camera with Centre Stage
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6.
Apple 11-inch iPad Pro (4th Generation)
₹79,900 | Buy from Amazon
- 11-inch Liquid Retina display with ProMotion, True Tone, and P3 wide colour
- M2 chip with 8-core CPU and 10-core GPU
- 12MP camera, 10MP back camera, and LiDAR Scanner for immersive AR
- 12MP front camera with Center Stage
- Ultrafast Wi-Fi 6E
- 128GB storage.
Advantages and disadvantages of eSIM tablets
Benefits of eSIM tablets
An eSIM tablet allows you to connect to cellular networks without inserting a physical SIM card. Some benefits of using eSIM tablets are:
- Convenience: You can switch between different network providers and plans without changing the SIM card. This is especially useful for travellers to avoid roaming charges or access local services.
- Security: The eSIM is more secure than a physical SIM card, as it cannot be lost, stolen, or damaged. You can also remotely lock or erase the eSIM if your tablet is lost or stolen.
- Design: The eSIM allows for thinner and lighter devices, as it doesn’t need a SIM card slot and tray. This also provides more space for other components like a larger battery or a better camera.
Disadvantages of eSIM tablets
When there are some advantages of using eSIM tablets, there are also some disadvantages, as follows:
- Compatibility: Not all network providers and devices support eSIM technology. Specially, you may face technical issues or compatibility problems when switching between Jio and Airtel or Jio and VI. But technical advances will address the issues over time.
- Control: The eSIM is controlled by the network provider. In this case, you may not have full access to the SIM settings or features. You may also need to contact the network provider to activate, deactivate, or change the eSIM plan.
- Cost: The network provider may charge extra fees for eSIM activation, deactivation, or switching.
Despite some drawbacks, eSIM tablets offer several benefits, including convenience, security, and design. They are the future of mobile connectivity and provide more flexibility, freedom, and functionality. If you’re looking for a device that doesn’t require a dependable Wi-Fi connection or physical SIM card, you should consider purchasing an eSIM tablet. Explore the new experience of eSIM technology and enjoy a seamless and secure mobile connection with the tablets on the list above.
Disclosure: Tablet images and ratings in this page are from Amazon. The images are properties of Amazon. And, the key summaries given are from the descriptions of the tablets.