Visit this page frequently and read exciting weight loss news today from top health experts, doctors and dieticians around the world. We select hot news from many sources in India and the world and publish them concisely in easy-to-read and easy-to-follow language. If you want to lose weight and live a healthy and disease-free life, don’t miss the interesting news found here under different weight loss and fitness headings.
Obesity or excess fat shortens your life. Overweight causes may life threatening chronic illnesses. In this modern way of lifestyle, many people are facing issues of obesity and overweight. They need to check their current health status, foods they eat, their diet system and workout habits. The news published here are from health experts and they are research-based. They reveal how you can achieve your fitness goal and come to your normal weight (as it should be). You will find new weight loss techniques, effective diet systems and exercise tips from different sources as you read the news in this page regularly.
Losing weight might be easy to someone. But it is a struggle to someone else. Some others complain that they get a weight gain after trying a weight loss plan. Note that diet and weight loss are closely related. Some daily exercises or workouts are also necessary. When you have a working plan, study it and stick to it until you achieve the desired goal. I recommend some best books for in-depth study for an effective and fast weight loss. Click on the following links to check them:
Top 10 Weight Loss Books (mostly from international authors)
Popular Weight Loss Books in Hindi (from Indian authors)
Read some of the best books from the above two links and read the latest news updates here frequently. If so, I am sure you’ll get the updated knowledge and the benefits. Your body will lose weight fast, you’ll be stronger and you’ll be far away from modern fatal diseases like diabetes, blood pressure (high or low), cancer and many more.
Every man and women with health issues should read the news here. They need to correct their eating habit and change the ways they live for a healthy, better and happy lifestyle.
The news are from eminent doctors, weight loss practitioners, fitness instructors, dieticians and top health authorities compiled from various sources and media. So, bookmark this page in your internet browser and visit this page whenever you want and read fresh, up-to-date news and information anytime.
Weight Loss News Today
Best Vitamins and Minerals for Weight Loss
If your healthy diet plan and exercise strategy aren’t producing outcomes, you may just be deficient in one or more vitamins or essential nutrients. The following vitamins and supplements are necessary for you:
For those with an underactive thyroid gland, weight management can be challenging. Iodine is an often-overlooked mineral that supports your thyroid, the butterfly-shaped gland in your neck that controls your metabolism and various other crucial body procedures.
2. Vitamin D
A research study released in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition discovered that obese and overweight grownups taking vitamin D supplements along with calcium lost significantly more stomach fat than people not taking any supplements. The best way to see if you are deficient is to have your physician check your blood levels.
Carnitine is an amino acid that shuttles fats through the cells of the body and tosses them into a metabolic heater. A 2013 scientific study discovered that taking 500 mg L-carnitine per day in mix with motivational therapy might cause increased weight reduction in people who were overweight.
Beta-alanine is a precursor to a molecule called carnosine, which is focused in muscles and the brain; it helps buffer the buildup of acid in muscle cells– the factor we feel fatigued after effort. Researchers have discovered that 4 to 6 grams of beta-alanine can increase levels of carnosine in skeletal muscle and improve exercise efficiency in fast burst efforts (about 2 to 4 minutes), such as happen in high-intensity period training. And that’s a good idea if you’re trying to slim down, since you burn fat faster doing high-intensity period training than traditional cardio.
Similar to beta-alanine, L-citrulline will help you get more out of your exercise. While research study is still emerging, there is evidence that L-citrulline supplements might enhance performance during high intensity exercise, such as interval training.
6. Gymnema sylvestre
Gymnema sylvestre is known in the Indian recovery custom of Ayurveda as a “sugar destroyer”. This natural product works as a hunger suppressant that reduces sugar absorption, decreases yearnings for sugary foods, and promotes typical blood sugar level.
Glucomannan is a kind of fiber discovered in the roots of the elephant yam. Research has revealed that taking glucomannan, combined with a healthy diet plan, assisted some research study subjects lose eight to 10 pounds of weight over five weeks.
Theobromine is a natural alkaloid discovered naturally in chocolate that is used for its appetite-suppressing impacts, and cocoa beans include up to 1,200 mg of it. Research study published in Discovery and Innovation examined theobromine’s effect on weight reduction. The researchers found that adding a small amount of the cocoa ingredient into the diet plan of rats caused rapid and considerable weight loss.
Caffeine promotes the release of epinephrine– adrenaline– which encourages the breakdown of the fat stored on your body. Some research study shows that 100 mg of caffeine can enhance calorie burn even in people who regularly drink coffee.
10. Matcha tea
Matcha is a type of green tea but, instead of soaking a tea bag, you whisk a powder made from the ground leaves into warm water. Consuming matcha everyday might avoid lifestyle-related diseases like weight problems.
Supplementing your diet plan with fiber can assist you eat less, quell cravings, and reduce weight– plus it can enhance the helpful bacteria in your gut. Increase the fiber in your diet by consuming more entire grains, fruits, and veggies.
Source: Reader Digest
Daily Fasting works for weight loss
Daily fasting is a reliable tool to lower weight and lower high blood pressure, according to a new research study published by University of Illinois at Chicago scientists in the journal Nutrition and Healthy Aging.
To study the impact of this kind of diet, researchers worked with 23 obese volunteers who had an average age of 45 and typical body mass index, or BMI, of 35.
In between the hours of 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. the dieters might eat any type and amount of food they wanted, but for the remaining 16 hours they could only drink water or calorie-free drinks. The research study followed the individuals for 12 weeks.
Usually, individuals taken in about 350 less calories, lost about 3 percent of their body weight and saw their systolic high blood pressure reduced by about 7 millimeters of Mercury (mm Hg), the basic step of blood pressure.
While this is the very first study to take a look at the 16:8 diet, named for its 16 hours of fasting and its 8 hours of “feasting,” Varady says that the outcomes line up with previous research on other types of periodic fasting diet plans.
Source: Science Daily
5 Breakfast Foods to Avoid
Health Specialist and Macrobiotic Nutritional expert Shilpa Arora informs us the worst breakfast foods that you need to rule out for weight loss.
1. Packaged Juices
Fruit juices, specifically the packaged ones, are packed with concealed sugar, which makes it one of the worst choices for breakfast. These juices have the tendency to trigger your cravings even prior to you’re prepared for lunch, as well as add unwanted liquid calories to your day.
2. Bacons and Sausages
The concealed sugars in the sauce used to prepare baked beans might be another aspect that must make you think twice before taking a serving of a common English breakfast.
3. Cookies and Cakes
Cookies and cakes made from refined flour or processed flour are full of bad quality carbs.
4. White Breads
Ditch white breads and select entire grain or multi grain breads instead. White breads are made of refined and have plenty of basic carbs that are digested quickly and lead to abrupt blood sugar level spikes that might hinder your metabolism and make you feel hungry soon.
5. Flavoured Yogurt
Great quality, homemade yogurt is packed with calcium, protein and gut-healthy probiotics, which are not only great for weight loss however for overall health too. But when it is mixed with synthetic flavours and sweeteners, it may do more harm than great.
Two most effective Yoga exercises to flatten your belly
Practising yoga regularly enhances mind-body connection, which provides you a better awareness of your own body and is essential for successful weight loss. Yoga breathing exercises are among the best methods to lose stubborn belly fat. Called pranayama, these exercises increase metabolic process which assists to burn fats and cause weight loss.
1. Bhastrika Pranayama
Sit on the Lotus Pose with your back and neck straight, and eyes closed.
Relax your stomach muscles and place your palms on your knees.
Breathe in deeply, filling the lungs with air.
Carefully breathe out.
Both inhalation and exhalation need to take the very same length of time – about 2.5 seconds to take in and 2.5 seconds to breathe out.
Broaden and contract your diaphragm in tandem with your breathing.
You can repeat the procedure for 5-10 minutes.
2. Kapalbhati Pranayama
Rest on the flooring with folded legs or padmasana, keeping your eyes closed and your neck and back straight.
Keep both your palms on your knees.
Now, take a deep breath (inhale) through your both nostrils carefully and exhale powerfully so that your stomach will go deep inside.
As you breathe out, you will feel some pressure in your abdomen.
Repeat the procedure for a minimum of 5 minutes.
[View Yoga books for weight loss]
Source: Times Now News
Novel ways to suppress food cravings in obese patients
Researchers have found a novel way helping to monitor food cravings. By stimulating the brain with magnetic energy can help reduce food cravings in obese persons. The findings of the study gave positive results. They use deep Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (dTMS) treatment that treats depression and addictive behaviours. The study was done by Prof. Livio Luzi and colleagues in Italy. Luzi said, “This study is able to suggest an explanation of how dTMS could alter food cravings in obese subjects.” [Food cravings can also be lowered using Fat Burning Supplements].
5 rules that actually work to lose weight
Eating well and exercising regularly are only two thinks that work for weight loss. Here are 5 simple tricks you can add in your dieting:
1. Eat meals, not snacks. A new study reveal that those who ate fewer, large meals weighed less. It is due to as you burn more calories to process a large meal that lots of little ones.
2. Sweat a little less. In a study of two groups who ran or cycled for 30 minutes vs 60 minutes for a duration of 30 days, the 30-minute group was found 33% more weight dropped.
3. People who ate whole grains tend to be more slimmer than who didn’t. It is due to the fact that those foods requires extra energy to break down.
4. Researchers found that those who sleep in a cool room lose more fat than those in the hot room.
5. You are eating more with your eyes. So don’t clean your plate so that you avoid to eat more than your body needs.
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar to shed fat?
Emily Hodgkin reports that apple cider vinegar is cited by experts as helping weight loss. A Japanese study showed that it helped weight reduction. Many other studies showed positive results. The Japanese test found that those who drank more of the drink lost more weight. Those who drank 30ml a day lost 3.7 lbs. Those who drank 15ml a day lost 2.6 lbs. But too much of the drink can be dangerous since it is acidic. (Buy Apple Cider Vinegar from this link if you need)
Scientists unveil weight loss injection
It’s most exciting with early studies unveiling patients have lost 6 kg in just 4 weeks. Scientists at the Imperial College in London are developing a hormone injection that helps to lose weight fast. With their human trials, the scientists reported success with patients dropping upto 6 kg in 4 weeks. Sir Steve Bloom who leads the research hopes that the therapy will be available within 5 years as a painless monthly injection.
Source: Body and Soul
How this man lost 35 Kgs?
Chirag Arora was 110 kgs before he got 35 kgs lost. Below are the things what he did:
Breakfast: 1 glass lukewarm lemon water on an empty stomach, 6-8 almonds, 1 glass of skimmed milk, and 1 apple.
Lunch: 3 rotis without ghee, 1 bowl dal, vegetables, salad and curd.
Evening Snack: Fruit which is high in water or citric content and less in sugar.
Dinner: 2 rotis without ghee, 1 bowl dal, salad and vegetables.
Workout: 20 minute treadmill, 15 minute cycling, 15 minute cross trainer, 40 minute weight lifting and stretching.
Less calorie recipes: Masala oats, home made bhel puri, sprouts salad, vegetable sandwich, egg sandwich, paneer, sandwich without oil and Mayo.
Advices: No pill, no fad diet, and no starvation. You can eat whatever you crave for, but eat a small portion of it.
Source: Times of India
9 science-backed ways to lose weight
Jason Ewoldt from the Mayo Clinic advises his simple ideas for staying lean as follows:
1. Stay hydrated. If you hate of drinking water, zest it up with citrus or drink it carbonated.
2. Sleep for 7-8 hours at night. Lack of sleep is literally killing us.
3. Breakfast and lunch let you avoid overeating later in the day. Research suggests that breakfast eaters stay trimmer compared to people who don’t eat in the morning.
4. Consider for a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack with a cheese stick, a banana, or a piece of fruit, if needed.
5. Plan your preparation before you are hungry. If not, you may fall into junk foods available at the moment.
6. Nuts are fatty and wonderful way to kick off cravings between meals. Researchers have discovered that they are a potentially life saving protein source.
7. Workout in the morning on an empty stomach can burn up to 20% more body fat.
8. Chew more filling whole grains like quinoa, oats, cracked wheat and whole wheat bread. They are also rich in potassium, iron and B vitamins.
9. Enjoy some fruits. They provide hunger satisfying fiber. They are also a great source of vitamins and water. They can even help our DNA stay healthy.
8 Most Effective Superfoods for Weight Loss
With the increasing awareness of obesity risks, weight loss becomes a must-to-do in everyone’s mind. But if dieting is something you don’t like, here are some superfoods that helps to boost metabolism and control hunger:
1. Eggs: Eggs are low calorie and highly nutritious food. Its protein content reduces appetite, by cutting your calorie intake.
2. Apples: Apples has the ability to cut extra body fat. They are rich in antioxidants, fiber and vitamins. Apples are naturally low in calorie and free from fat, cholesterol and sodium.
3. Spinach: Spinach is rich in vitamins, iron, phytochemicals and minerals. It is really a superfood that helps you lose weight.
4. Green Tea: Green tea is the world’s most healthiest beverage. It is rich in catechins that helps in boosting metabolism.
5. Oats: It is the perfect food for breakfast. Oats contains complex carbs and fiber to keep you full longer. Oats can increase metabolism and lose weight.
6. Avocados: Monounsaturated fats in avocados contains weight loss fats. Only half a avocado in a day melts enough belly fats.
7. Salmon: Salmon provides the best source of lean proteins. It is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, essential for overall health.
8. Berries: Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and other berries can help you lose weight in no time. Just one cup of berries daily can shed extra pounds in a healthier way.
Can Losing Weight Cause Hair Fall?
Hair loss is associated with rapid weight loss or weight loss with stress. People don’t take enough protein when they lose weight, says Fatima Cody Standford, an obesity medicine physician. That can lead to hair loss. But when people stop losing weight, the hair loss usually resolves itself, says Warren. Try to get your daily recommended dose of protein – that would be 46 grams. You can add some Zinc in your diet. Vegetables like broccoli and spinach, fruits like avocado and fig, and animal proteins like eggs and lean beef are great additions. To prevent hair loss, you can use a Zinc supplement, Biotin supplement or Prenatal vitamin.
Source: Women Health Mag
5 Common Mistakes of Losing Weight
Eating right is a big part of weight loss for everyone. You need to eat the right kinds of nutrients and also eat them at the right time of the day. Eating enough is also important. You can’t lose weight by starving yourself. Check the following 5 common diet mistakes you need to avoid:
1. Loading up Proteins: Don’t load up all the proteins more than the amount you need. Know the amount of proteins you body requires according to your fitness goal.
2. Ignoring Vegetables: Many of us ignore vegetables. But they are low-caloric alternatives. Vegetables are nutritious, they are essential for a healthy weight loss. You should eat lots of vegetables.
3. Expecting too soon: Don’t expect weight loss too soon after you start with right kinds of diet. You’ll not lose in a day or two, not even in two weeks. Follow an expert’s diet plan strictly. Then, you’ll see surely how much lost.
4. Skipping breakfast: Don’t skip breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Make it nutritious and filling.
5. Overeating after workouts: As we have seen frequently, somebody eats a lot after a day’s gym session or workouts. It is not true. Don’t eat too much more than you need.
3 Things to be Part of Your Weight Loss Efforts
When people see a low success rate after they spent for a weight loss goal, they quit it. So, the number of patients with obesity and overweight issues rises worldwide. Here are 3 things as doctors say to be part of the weight loss efforts to increase success rate:
1. Exercise: People exercise to burn calories and to keep weight off. To see a weight loss transformation, one should increase the exercise capacity to a critical point called ‘catching point’. Once this capacity is reached, food preference will change and metabolic rate will increase to burn off a significant amount of calories.
2. Sleep: Sleep is the time the body changes. Our body is making molecules during sleep after exercises; lowers blood pressure, neutralises inflammation and increases our metabolism. Enough sleep also makes us eat less.
3. Eating for change: Don’t restrict calories at the beginning of a weight loss effort. That induces people a food seeking behaviour and make them quit the diets. Instead, focus on the quality of foods and eat lots of fruits and vegetables. But avoid sugar and processed foods.
Source: Medical Xpress
Come back to this page in future to view more and more new updates of weight loss and fitness news from around the globe. If you have something to say, we welcome your valuable comments below in the Comment Box.
Share this page to your social friends to participate together for health and fitness goals.