Foods and weight loss are closely related. Exercises alone can’t lose your weight if you eat wrong foods. If you are serious to get rid of overweight, you need to follow a weight loss plan. The plan should have your diet plan, exercises and determination. You should have a special diet plan containing nutrient dense foods. Below food facts are very important to keep in your mind for weight loss. Read these food facts that will be very useful when you plan a successful weight loss journey.
1. Phytochemicals: Phytochemicals are plant derived chemicals giving tremendous benefits to human physiology. About 10,000 phytochemicals are discovered out of many not yet unknown.
2. Supplements: No supplement gives enough nutrients we need. You can get all by eating a wide variety of plant based foods.
3. Isolated Nutrients: Avoid taking one nutrient or isolated nutrients like Vitamin A, Beta Carotene or Folic Acid. Excess consumption of them may lead to health risks.
4. Fresh Fruits: Whole plant based foods like fresh fruits and vegetables contain anti-cancer properties.
5. Leafy Greens: The most nutrient dense leafy greens are romaine lettuce, kale, collards, Swiss chard and spinach.
6. Salad: Try salad to be the main dish twice daily. Salad is low calorie but high nutrient food.
7. Animal Products: Try to avoid animal products. Saturated fat, cholesterol and Arachidonic acid can increase cancer and heart attack risks. On the other hand, nutrients like fiber, antioxidants, phytochemicals, Folate, Vitamin E and plant proteins protect us from cancer and heart attack.
8. Animal Proteins: Animal proteins raise cholesterol while plant proteins lower it.
9. Chicken: According to a study in New Zealand, chicken was found as the greatest contributor of HCAs (Heterocyclic Amines) that increase cancer risk. They studied in meat, fish and chicken.
10. Food History: Some cancers are strongly influenced by how we ate earlier in our life.
11. Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are good as long as their sources are from unrefined foods like fruits and vegetables.
12. Green Vegetables: Green vegetables are so low in calories. The more we eat, the more our weight loses.
The above facts on foods, health and weight loss are from different research papers, books and health experts. For further reading, click on the following links: