We drink tea most next to water in our daily life. Green tea is increasing its popularity for its health benefits. It also contains special properties to lose your weight. Know the benefits of green tea based on many studies and drink green tea for weight loss.
Benefits of green tea
– Flavonoids and caffeine contained in green tea help to increase metabolic rate. Those who consumed green tea lost about 2.9 pounds in a 12 week period, one study says.
– Green tea contains many nutrients including antioxidants, anti-cancer and brain healthy compounds. So, you can drink it anyway besides weight loss benefits. Drink it as a beverage without sugar or honey.
– Many studies say EGCG (Epigallocatechin gallate) in green tea can boost metabolism. You can use it as a beverage or its extract as a supplement.
– Green tea increases hormone levels to break down fat.
– Studies prove that it helps burn 2-4% calories a day.
– There are also other health benefits of green tea. It can help reducing the risk of heart disease and some types of cancer, reducing inflammation in bowel, helping sugar control for diabetes patients etc.
Varieties of green tea
For weight loss, Matcha green tea might be the best choice for you as it contains the richest source of nutrients and antioxidants. For buying online, click on the following best known varieties of green tea:
Sencha green tea, and
For green tea available at Flipkart.com, Click Here.
For green tea extracts at Amazon.in, Click Here.
For best selling green tea at Amazon.com, Click Here.
Components found in green tea
Catechins (Astringency component in tea)
Caffeine (Bitterness component in tea)
Theanine (Full-bodied flavor component in tea)
γ-aminobutyric acid （GABA）
(Potassium, calcium, phosphorus,
How to drink green tea?
For weight loss benefits, you can drink as little as 2.5 cups a day. One cup of green tea contains 120 to 320 milligrams of catechins and 10 to 60 milligrams of caffeine. So, you don’t need to drink it much. Don’t add green tea in boiling water. Cool down the boiled water for about 10 minutes, pour it over the tea and brew for one minute. The brewing time can be longer or shorter depending on your taste. Don’t add sugar or milk in the tea. If you drink 3 times a day, drink it early morning, before lunch and dinner. Loose leaves of green tea are the best for maximum health benefits.
Green tea is mild to increase metabolism and fat burning. So, you can’t see a quick result in your weight reduction. However, if you combine it with exercises and other weight loss diet, you’ll get additional benefits from green tea. But if you have a history of heart problem, blood pressure and anxiety, ask your doctor before you use it. Green tea may also interact medications like antibiotics, chemotherapy, blood thinners and BP medication.
For more reading, click on the following links: