In your weight management programme, you need some exercises and dieting to achieve your weight loss goal. If you are in a sedentary lifestyle, you should do some exercises at your convenient time regularly. The following leg exercises are good for losing weight and building a toned and shapely body. Above all, you can do the exercises in just 5 minutes a day.
1. Plank Jacks
– Lift yourself into a plank, with your back flat, your hands beneath you facing forward and your feet lifted onto the balls.
– Do a powerful jump and spread your feet out to either side.
2. Static Lunges
– Sink down yourself directly towards the floor. Keep your back flat and your shoulders up.
– Step one foot forward ( right or left foot) and bend at a right angle.
– Keep your back straight, your palms facing each other and holding your stomach in the entire time.
3. Rock Star Jumps
– Stand straight and jump as high as you can. As you are jumping, bend both of your legs at the knees and land on the ground.
– As you bend your knees, raise your hands and your elbows at a right angle.
4. Squats and Rows
– Stand with your feet slightly wider.
– Sit down into a squat. Hold your stomach in, with your back flat and your head up. Keep your knees at right angles.
– Push your hands forward with your palms down. Pull them back again, pinching your shoulders together.
– Stay in a squat the entire time, then stand up as you get tired.
– You can do the steps again.
5. Backward Leg Lifts
– Get into a plank position, on the balls of your feet with your back flat. Don’t lift your bottom up or down.
– Keep your hands down facing forward.
– Lift one leg from the ground to the sky as high as you can, then slowly lower your leg back down.
– Do the same with other leg. Hold your stomach and maintain the plank position while you are doing this workout.
6. Donkey Kicks
– Keep your hands firmly on the ground, keeping your back flat and your stomach firm.
– Lift one leg to the sky with your knee at a right angle.
– Do the above step with other leg and repeat.
7. Butt Kicks
– Stand on your feet a little wider.
– Run and lift your foot as high as you can, literally kicking yourself in the butt in each step. Run with a little jump with each step.
– While you are running, keep your arms bent and engaged.
Perform the above workouts to have toned thighs and firm shapely backside. For more workouts or exercises to lose weight, click on the following links: